A leading service provider was introducing a Fiber To The Home (FTTH) technology in its network and needed a governance team to coordinate the rollout of FTTH technology across the enterprise in a controlled fashion.
Fiber To The Home Governance
- Aligned with the senior executives on governance definition and framework
- Engaged cross-functional teams to form a core Governance Team
- Defined processes, developed responsibility matrix and built relevant tools
- Enforced accountability through governance process
- Organized multiple cross-functional workshops
- Quickly developed architectural guidelines
- Enforced conformance to the standards
- Drove financial and material efficiencies through standards
- Created training to educate the team and on-board new members
- Drove continuous improvement in all affected areas
- Transitioned the governance process to the client successfully
- The client rolled out developed governance processes and methodologies across 5 regions and 21 markets in a span of four months.
- The client reduced cost of the solution by 40% in approximately 1.5 years through architectural, RFPs, processes and tools development.
- The client reduced approval time per design from ~1 month to less than a week and reduced material costs by 30-40% through standardization and diligent management.