A leading Tier 1 Cable Operator recruited DTS to create and manage WiFi program governance to standardize WiFi design, device certification, common playbook, common BOM, WiFi tools, and program management.
Wi-Fi Program Governance
- Developed a framework for Wi-Fi program governance structure
- Identified the existing process to understand steps involved
- Interviewed stakeholders to understand each step
- Drove cross-functional discussions to define requirements for various steps
- Created an inventory of access points deployed in the network and SCM
- Created Wi-Fi Build book and Run book for all Wi-Fi product offerings
- Defined one service fulfillment and assurance process for all WiFi offerings
- Developed a Master BoM including part numbers and unit prices
- Created a sparing strategy for each market with critical spares
- The client gained cost synergies from standardizing the BoM, tools, and AP validations from volume discounts obtained by consolidation of the equipment and tools.
- The client optimized time to market by defining common playbook, common BoM, and service assurance and service-fulfillment processes.