A Tier 1 US-based Cable Operator wanted to significantly reduce their end to end Fiber To The Home costs by eliminating parallel data, voice and video networks.
All IP Strategy
- DTS developed framework for all IP architecture, cost and deployment
- Created end to end current and future (all IP) cost model
- Proposed all IP architecture with a syndicated cable partner
- Developed cost savings analysis to convince leadership
- Assisted with the program budgeting for IP video rollout
- Developed cost models to demonstrate the savings over 5 yr. period
- Assisted the finance, product and engineering teams to sell to Sr. leadership
- The client could create a multi year cost effective all IP solution across the enterprise by integrating syndicated cable partner.
- Our client could save approximately $200M over five years by eliminating RFOG from their greenfield Fiber To The Home solution.
- Senior leadership agreed to the all IP investment which turned into a successful full fledged two year rollout plan.