A leading Tier 1 US-based Cable Operator needed to secure the spectrum to support future network growth by removing Analog broadcast and deploying low cost Set Top Boxes to it subscriber base.
Analog Spectrum Reclamation
- Developed a framework for Analog Spectrum Reclamation project
- Analyze spectrum needs of each market
- Study the timeline for spectrum exhaustion
- Evaluated various approaches from partial channel pull down to full market analog reclamation
- Analyzed various CPE solutions and associated tradeoffs
- Developed budget and timeline requirements
- Developed Executive presentations used to secure approval and funding.
- The client will gain a significant amount of spectrum that will be reallocated in the future to support new products.
- The client will gain new revenue from the deployment of DTAs as customers will pay after the grace period expires.
- The client will be upgrading the video experience from analog to digital, which should improve Net Promoter Scores.