A leading service provider was conducting technology trials of Fiber Deep technology. They needed to understand how the cost of deploying the technology compared with their original forecast.
Fiber Deep Actuals vs Forecast
- DTS worked with the client to model and forecast build cost
- Worked with client to understand deployment scenarios
- Engaged with the Engineering and Construction teams to model cost assumptions relating to the deployment
- Compiled a detailed cost model to forecast costs by market
- Worked with Construction and Finance teams to gather trial data
- Conducted a detailed analysis of the trial data:
- Classified trial cost data based on modeling assumptions
- Compiled relevant construction statistics for trial nodes
- Compiled analysis comparing modeled costs with trial actuals
- Reviewed variances with Engineering and Construction teams and identified key factors driving variances
- The client was able to model cost impact of new technology and develop a cost forecast.
- The client was able to analyze actual costs of technology trials and compare with the forecast and identify key factors driving variances.
- The analysis helped the client better understand the true cost impact of the new technology to enable them to develop a more accurate plan for field deployment.