A leading Tier 1 Cable MSO wanted to understand the financial impacts of deploying Fiber To The Home as compared to the existing DOCSIS deployments. They approached DTS to provide strategic support in making the decision and creating technical collateral to convince the senior management to fund the project.
Fiber To The Home Strategy
- Developed a high level cost assessment framework
- Identified key architectural components for HFC and FTTH solutions
- Worked with different teams on the end-to-end solution cost
- Developed flexible and comprehensive CapEx and OpEx models
- Compared different total-cost-of-ownership scenarios
- Collaborated with different teams on assessing boundary partner impacts
- Developed an execution plan and budget forecast for the first five years
- Created business cases and presentations to convince C-Level executives
- Assisted with building the initial organization structure for execution
- The Client, Senior VP of Engineering, gained approval from the C-level leadership and the board of directors to strategically invest in FTTH deployments.
- The client could successfully deter the fiber competition from the incumbents and the new entrants, such as Google.
- The client was successfully able to rollout Fiber To The Home in three different markets within a span of nine months with a full end-to-end organization support.