A leading Tier 1 US-based Cable Operator wanted to gain visibility into multi-billion dollar yearly CapEx spent in the infrastructure and analyze if the investments are in alignment with what other MSOs are spending.
MSO Capital Spend Analysis and Modeling
- Aligned with the senior executives on the scope and objectives
- Compiled relevant network data and statistics
- Analyzed typical build requirements for each upgrade scenario
- Compiled the model framework based on network node data to project:
- Fiber build miles – aerial, underground (ATF vs conduit)
- Coax build/upgrade mile – aerial, underground
- Above data compiled by node/market/region/technology
- Delivered relevant reports to project construction volume by market/year
- The client gained visibility into other industry peers’ multi-billion dollar yearly capital investments and how their investments are in alignment with them.
- Our client demonstrated that its CapEx is in alignment with the industry to the company board and gain their support for the incremental infrastructure investment