A leading cable service provider needed a Network Transformation Strategy to evolve its network to address customer-demand growth, competitive, and product enablement needs for 10 years.
Network Transformation Access Model
- Developed a framework for Access Network Capacity Modeling
- Built a paper model to illustrate the overall approach
- Designed the mock output to align with the stakeholders and partners
- Created a technology and network capacity upgrade path
- Analyzed the cost of upgrade for each technology lever
- Identified drivers – growth, product enablement, competition
- Compiled and scrubbed the node-level network utilization data
- Developed an interactive base model to account for the demand growth
- Incorporated competitive and product enablement overlays
- Leveraged a programmatic approach to run the model within 60 seconds
- Produced a 10-year technology transition by node year for various scenarios
- DTS approach provided detailed network analysis and capacity planning with every access network interface visibility.
- Simple user interface, inclusion of dynamic factors, and flexible input configuration allowed “what-if” comparisons for multiple scenarios.
- DTS solution reduced future uncertainty and allowed advanced and more accurate budget allocation and resource management.