A leading Tier 1 US-based Cable Operator wanted to analyze multiple network strategies and investments to meet the changing competitive offerings, utilize the latest technological developments, and meet exponentially growing customer demand.
Network Transformation 1.0
- Developed a network transformation framework
- Classify the infrastructure into a stack of five elements
- Group the last 10 years of company finances into stacks
- Align growth needs with the technology capabilities
- Evaluate the spend projections from other Cable Operators
- Project the required spend levels for each stack element
- Engaged Engineering, Product and Financial teams to understand issues
- Assisted the Engineering team to create a 5-year transformation strategy
- Prepared relevant financial and capacity planning models
- Fostered multiple discussions with the leadership team on the strategies
- Developed presentations to convince the board for incremental investment
- The board of directors of the company approved an incremental multi-billion dollar strategic network infrastructure investment for the next five years.
- The client successfully created a network transformation strategy that will be implemented in the following 10+ years.
- The client created and mobilized a plan for multiple non-regrettable investment initiatives that meet their growth plans.