A leading Tier 1 Cable Operator recruited DTS to develop a Network Transformation Strategy to evolve its network to address growth, competitive, and product needs. DTS engaged with them to develop a 10-year node-level technology strategy along with a cost estimate.
Network Transformation Cost Model
- Developed a framework for Network Transformation Cost Model
- Built a paper model to illustrate the overall approach
- Designed the mock output to align with the stakeholders and partners
- Engaged various stakeholders to develop inputs for the model
- Spearheaded the cross-functional model development effort
- Built an interactive model to run various scenarios
- Generated a list of activities and spend by market, category (Capex, Opex)
- Identified key sensitivities in the model via a Tornado chart
- Socialized and validated model input and output with the stakeholders
- Created a dashboard to highlight the key performance indicators
- Developed an overlay to incorporate deployment and logistics smoothening
- The cost model was a first-of-its kind view of a 10-year projection of enterprise-wide cost estimate by region and by year to support the Network Transformation initiative.
- The effort pulled together all the core components essential to develop an enterprise-wide Capital Budgeting tool.
- The model output was a flat file of activity and spending that enabled creation of various executive dashboards – activity/spending by region, type (Capex, Opex etc.).