A leading Tier 1 Cable MSO wanted to understand the financial impacts of deploying Fiber To The Home as compared to the existing DOCSIS deployments. They approached DTS to provide strategic support in making the decision and creating technical collateral to convince the senior management to fund the project.
Next Generation Passive Optical Network RFP
- Aligned with the senior executives on the scope and objectives
- Compiled relevant technical and business requirements from engineering, product, marketing, and operations teams
- Drafted RFP and reviewed with stakeholders
- Coordinated RFP execution with client’s supply chain team
- RFP compilation and distribution to select vendors
- Handling vendor Q&A, response compilation, vendor presentations
- Analysis of vendor responses and scoring based on client criteria
- Provided guidance to client regarding equipment/vendor selection
- Formulated pricing strategy and assisted with vendor negotiations
- With DTS team’s technical expertise in the area, the client was able to effectively identify its needs as well as assess relevant vendor capabilities.
- The client was able to select the best equipment/vendor for their specific needs in a timely manner and was able to realize significant cost savings in the process.
- The client was able to set the price targets for the next-generation equipment based on Total Cost of Ownership and meet the targets.