A leading MSO operator was seeing significant cost overruns relating to the Node Split process in its network and needed a way to quickly identify and fix the problem.
- Aligned with the senior executives on the scope and objectives
- Engaged with client’s engineering team to understand the Node Split process
- Worked with operations and finance teams to collect field statistics/data
- Performed a detailed analysis of collected data
- Node split costs by market
- Average/Minimum/Maximum costs by market
- Costs by category by market
- Conducted multivariate statistical analysis using Tableau and R
- Identified key areas of variances leading to the cost overruns
- With DTS team’s expertise in analyzing complex business and financial data, the client was able to quickly identify and fix root causes of its cost overruns.
- The client was able to understand and optimize better its field operations to realize significant cost savings.