A leading Tier 1 US-based MSO wanted to understand the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of Fiber To The Home, Node Split, and Node Segmentation upgrade option paths.
Node Total Cost of Ownership Modeling
- Developed a technology assessment framework
- Reviewed different technological options
- Organized different workshops to identify preferred architectures
- Identified material and labor costs specific to these solution
- Created a TCO model for different architectural solutions
- Developed detailed CapEx and OpEx models for network upgrades
- Analyzed N+1, N+0 and FTTH variants deployment costs
- Created a model to analyze capacity and cost for network upgrade scenarios
- Developed presentations to assist the client with the upgrade choices
- The client received a comprehensive 10-year capital and operational spend projections models for different fiber- and HFC- based levers.
- The client presented the outcome to influence the investment discussions for Fiber To The Home and HFC- based solutions.
- This work acted as a precursor to the large-scale Fiber To The Home deployment in Greenfield solutions.