A leading service provider needed to operationalize their high level network transformation plans. This included planning projects in a manner that would optimize design and construction from a resource and cost points of view. Planning needed to include defining resources, funding, materials and permits required to implement their deployment plan.
Outside Plant Operations Strategy and Planning
- Defined requirements to implement operational planning
- Created operational data model structure to support requirements
- Developed preprocessing module to capture and organize input data
- Modeled roll-out options that optimized resources and project costs
- Developed specific operational models:
- Module that defined coax and fiber build miles by time period.
- Cost model that defined deployment costs for each activity type
- By cost type (material, labor [in-house & third party], CapEx, OpEx)
- By time period
- By in period spend
- And by costs spread over time based on expected spend timing
- Developed a material forecast to support timely supply chain sourcing
- Budget based on spend timing allowed for more accurate and timely funding that reduced budget variance and reduced program delays.
- Detailed resource requirements by resource type by time period made available to support deployment plan, allowing timely on-boarding of resources.
- Materials arrived and available on time, preventing costly delays and dissatisfied customers.