The client was looking to roll out a new product strategy and wanted to understand current gaps associated with processes, skills training and tool capabilities. They were also wanting a framework for an informal trial to test the concept and validate initial recommendations and assumptions. Finally, they wanted a cost model that scoped market size and analyzed cost savings and avoidance.
Strategy Gap and Cost Saving Analysis
- Aligned with senior executives on the scope and objectives of the project
- Created a framework approach for analyzing the problem
- Held meetings with stakeholders and SMEs to identify gaps
- Assembled bi-weekly status meetings to share status with stakeholders
- Defined and gathered data for analysis and cost model input
- Provided documented project deliverables
- Executive presentation
- Formal project report, including results, recommendations and next steps
- Working cost model (including analytic data insights)
- Presented results, recommendation and next steps to management
- The client had a good understanding of the gaps and opportunities surrounding their new product strategy.
- Next steps were clearly identified, including the framework to test their concept and validate the recommendation and assumptions.
- A cost model that provided market size and cost savings to use in building a business case.